Harmon Brothers Charter Service
HBCS, has been in business for over 30 years, dating back to 1979. With a current size of 21 vehicles, HBCS is one of Atlanta’s oldest and largest privately-owned bus transportation companies. We provide local, regional, and national charter services anywhere within the continental U.S. and Canada for any sized group and event.
HBCS is not a subsidiary or a part of a huge conglomerate. HBCS is also the largest minority owned bus transportation company in the Southeast. We invite you to contact us further to inquire about any additional information you may wish.
Memberships & Affiliations:
Harmon Brothers Charter Services is very proud to be a member of the following list of associations:
- American Bus Association
- Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Georgia Motor Coach Association
- United Motor Coach Association
- National Motor Coach Network
- Fulton County Chamber of Commerce
- Dekalb County Chamber of Commerce
- A Proud Member of the Better Business Bureau
Harmon Brothers Charter Service is committed to safety in all areas of our operation. This is especially true of our maintenance department. Our business, and our ability to survive and grow depend upon our ability to consistently provide our customers with safe, dependable equipment. Before any vehicle leave our station, we require each driver to perform a pre-trip inspection. A more detailed inspection report, covering over 40 different items, must be completed and turned in by each driver every time they depart and return to the station.
HBCS requires the highest standards from our drivers. Whether full or part-time, all our drivers are required to go through an extensive, on-going in-house training program. Including drug and alcohol screening as required by the Department of Transportation.
U.S. Department of Transportation MC # - 1777
HBCS is a Drug-Free Workplace. As such, as a part of our employment process, we require all employees to take and pass a drug and alcohol screening test as required by the U.S. Department of Transportation. In addition, every employee is subject to random drug and alcohol testing, and this is a condition of employment. Also, we require all drivers and driver applicant to submit a recent Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), which we review internally to ensure that all of our drivers and prospective drivers have a history and record of safe driving.
Other Important Policies of Operations
Below is a list of Policies that we have in place which we ask our customers to consider. Please review these when you are making arrangements to use our services so that your entire trip is safe and comfortable. These also allow for the smooth business relationship to occur so that you will use our services again.
- Reservation Policy – All vehicles are reserved on a first come / first serve basis, therefore it is important to reserve buses as soon as possible. Buses are reserved by paying 10% of the total trip price or $100 per bus, whichever is greater. No charter is reserved prior to paying a deposit. Local customers in the state of Georgia must also pay an intrastate sales tax.
- Payment Policy – All major credit cards are accepted, including MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover Card. We also accept checks and cash. If paying by check, payment must be received at least 14 days prior to charter date.
- Bus Policy – HBCS prides itself on providing a clean and pleasant environment on all of its buses. We ask that all passengers contribute to this by being conscious of their surrounding on the vehicles. Trash bags will be provided on all buses. Radio and other sound devices are only to be used with earphones. For the health, comfort, and safety of all passengers, Harmon Brothers ask all riders not to smoke on the bus.
- Extended Stay Policy – Room accommodation must be provided for each driver for every bus on any overnight trip.
- Card Tables – Card Tables are supplied upon request for those buses equipped to handle them. Since these are limited, they will be issued on a first come / first served basis. ($75 – limit 1 )
- Tour Guide – Tour guides must be requested in advance for local tours. Extra charges based on the number of tour guides and the number of hours will apply.
- Cancellation Policy – A charter may be canceled at any time prior to the charter date. However, to receive your deposit, a charter must be canceled at least 14 days prior to the trip pickup date. If a trip is canceled within 14 days, the deposit is forfeited.
Business Office Hours (Day Hours)
Monday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM | Tuesday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM | Wednesday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM | Friday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM | Saturday 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM | Sunday Closed